Jody Maroni was born into the world of meat.
As the son of the most esteemed butcher in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles, Jody developed a passion for the trade early in life. Jody’s father was renowned for his commitment to his customers, fair pricing, and selling only the highest quality cuts of meat. He instilled those same values in his son.
In 1979 Jody took his experience, passion, and creativity to Venice Beach. A true Cinderella story, Jody Maroni’s Sausage Kingdom’s humble beginnings can be traced back to a BBQ grill on the Venice Beach Boardwalk, where Jody gained notoriety hawking his unusual sausage selections to passersby. Committed to quality, he made every sausage by hand, smoked them on site, and sold them to Venice locals and tourists alike. He added new flavors weekly, and soon had a firm base of adoring fans.
Fast forward over thirty years where that BBQ grill on the Boardwalk has ballooned into a national restaurant chain. Much has changed in those thirty years, but one thing that has remained the same is Jody’s passion for creating unique sausages with only the finest and freshest ingredients.
• Our gourmet sausages are made with all-natural ingredients from homemade recipes.
• Jody himself deftly combines the finest cuts of meat and poultry with wines, cheeses, fruits, vegetables, and spices.
• Our sausages are naturally low in sodium and fat.
• Many of our sausages have no nitrates, preservatives, or MSG.
• Our sausages are coarsely ground to reveal each individual ingredient.
• Each sausage is prepared using a natural pork casing (unless otherwise noted).